COVID-19 National Restrictions 5th January 2021
Our boating community really matters to us and in these extraordinary times Geomac again has a responsibility to our community and families to impose a ‘National Lockdown’ imposed by HM Government as of Tuesday 5th January 2021.
To keep the most vulnerable members of our community safe, we are asking all marina users to respect the advice
To remind you of the new rules that are relevant to us all now that we are back in national lockdown:
- All leisure customers must return to their primary address.
- All customers must not leave or be outside of your home (boat), unless reasonable excuse, (eg shop, obtain services, or animal welfare).
- You must not meet on your boat with friends or family (unless part of your support bubble).
- Exercise must be done by yourself or with the people you live with /support bubble.
- Disabled shower room will remain open along with the laundry.
- We will not be allowing customers to enter the office unless invited, and wearing a mask
- Payments for goods will be by card/contactless and mooring payments should be made electronically by bank transfer where possible.
- We are closed to visitors, please call the office to sign in your support bubble or scan the QR code on the office window.
- All trade persons entering the marina should be for essential work only, please call the office to sign in
- For enquiries email email@example.com or telephone 01380 827062 or 07714095000
We appreciate that the Covid-19 restrictions are difficult for everyone and we have tried to create guidelines that are workable and effective. It is incumbent on us all to respect the guidelines However if customers flout the guidelines then we will have a zero tolerance policy. Please respect this and help keep our community safe.
It is critical that everybody observes the following key behaviours:
- HANDS – Wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds.
- FACE – Wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
- SPACE – Stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place.
We will be following the guidance of the Government, CRT and British Marine
We would like to thank everyone that has observed the controls we have put in place and the support and respect you have given the NHS and carers throughout this pandemic.
Neil Warren and the Marina Team
NHS Covid-19 App – How England and Wales’ contact-tracing service works
Apple and Google’s automated contact-tracing technology will be used to tell people to self-isolate if their phone detects they were near someone later determined to have the virus.
The app also includes:-
- A venue check-in barcode scanner
- A postcode-based risk-level checker
- A symptoms-reporter tool
- The means to order a coronavirus test and receive its results
- A countdown timer to keep track of how long to stay in self-isolation
- A guide to the latest advice on local restrictions, financial support and other related information.
- To get started go to Android’s Google Play or Apple’s App Store and search for NHS Covid-19
The NHS Covid-19 app is optional for more information on how the app work open following link links. https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/nhs-covid-19/